Employment and Civil Rights Law
It is sometimes easy to forget, especially in a tough job market, that employers owe specific duties to their workers and are bound by specific limitations in how their workers can be treated. Rob represents only plaintiffs in employment and civil rights cases, including workers who have been illegally or unjustly fired or disciplined by their employers, and helps them stand up for what they deserve. Rob has handled these situations and many others, in trial, mediation, and arbitration:
- Discrimination based on gender, age, race, marital status, family status; or sexual orientation;
- Retaliation for making complaints / whistle blowing;
- Section 1983 civil rights cases;
- Harassment and unlawful termination;
- Equal Pay and Americans with Disabilities Acts;
- Labor law;
- Blacklisting and defamation; and
- FMLA and ERISA.
Rob is a tireless advocate for his clients and a principled and passionate member of the community. I highly recommend his practice.
~ Brandy Pirtle-Guiney, Employment & Labor Attorney in Portland, OR